Friday, June 15, 2012

6/7/12 Keynote Speaker: Helen Barrett

I found this speaker to be interesting. I have noticed that many of the things that I am currently reading in Born Digital were also brought up in her address. I was astounded to realize that online presence will replace your resume in 10 years. This will affect my own children!

I really connected with what she discussed regarding reflection using e-portfolios. It all makes sense; this is also the way that I learn. I am actually excited about starting e-portfolios with my students. E-portfolios were mentioned earlier in  the year at my school, but it sounded like a threat instead of something that we do to help students learn, find purpose, and find their passion. I am much more willing to "buy into" this now since it was presented in this fashion.

I am really interested in doing digital story telling with my students. I know that I can do this. This may just be the avenue to get them excited about writing again. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment