Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Session 3: Midlands Summit 6/6/12

Use Docs and Forms Together: An Interactive Approach to Assignments, Learning, and Monitoring Student Progress (Carol LaRow)
     I enjoyed this speaker. Unfortunately, I had to leave her presentation before she was finished because the next one was starting. Much of what she shared was already familiar to me. However, it was helpful because of the timing. I remember feeling completely overwhelmed the first time these tools were introduced to me. Now I am at a point that I have dabbled with them and have been expected to use them on my own. I feel that I am now able to think about ways to implement these tools in my classroom with my students. I really want to use the forms and surveys more. They seem to really help to save time, which I never seem to have enough of.  I really want to use the collaboration and research features in Docs with my students for writing.
     One thing that I am going to have to rid myself of is the feeling of being tied to the computer. I have always liked to carry my papers to the ball field or wherever I have to be to grade them. Hopefully all of those places will have Wi-fi. I will also have to finally get my vision checked because of reading all of these screens all of the time (it has nothing to do with the fact that I just turned 41).

No comments:

Post a Comment